Academic advising, an integral component of each student’s success at ktech, is an ongoing process . Any prospective student interested in talking with an advisor should
contact the Advising and Counseling department. All new students are allocated an advisor prior to registration at ktech.
Students are strongly encouraged to meet with their advisor each semester to evaluate their academic progress, solve problems, and receive support throughout their time at ktech.
Academic advising offers:
- Assistance for undecided and new students in selecting a field of study
- Information about classes and programs
- Assistance with registration and adjustment to College life
- Information about academic requirements
- Procedures for dropping a class, appealing grades, registration, etc.
- Preparation for telephone and web registration
- Assistance in establishing a degree plan
- Transfer information for those planning to attend a college or university (in the Transfer Lab).